While there is a threat of rain on Sunday morning, the races will still take place. We will make every effort to make sure that the courses are safe for our kid participants.
The Sacramento Police Department Mounted Horse Patrol will be at Eppie's Kids Duathlon!
Sunday, October 16, 2016
Discovery Park, Sacramento
● Epic Challenge - 1/2 mile run / 1/2 mile bike - Ages 4-13
● 1/2 mile run/1 mile bike - Ages 4-6 - View Course Map
● 1 mile run/4 mile bike - Ages 7-10 - View Course Map
● 2 mile run/5.5 mile bike - Ages 11-13 - View Course Map
● 8:00am - Epic Challenge - Ages 4-13
● 8:10am - Ages 4-6
● 8:30am - Ages 7-10
● 9:15am - Ages 11-13
You may pick up your race packet and t-shirt at Fleet Feet Sports, 2311 J Street, Sacramento on Saturday, October 15th from 10am to 5pm. Race day packet pickup and walk-up registration begins at 7am in Discovery Park.
The Eppie's Kids Duathlon will use ChronoTrack B-tag timing to determine time and finish place. Finish line video will be provided with results and still photographs of finishers will be available for purchase.
Overall male and female winners of each race will receive custom plaques. The top 3 male and female finishers in each single age will receive custom medallions. The award ceremony will take place in the post-race area at approximately 10:30am.
● Water will be available on the running course near the run to bike transition
● Water and other refreshments will be available at the finish area.
● Cyclists are encouraged to carry their own water on the cycling course.
Approved helmets that are properly fastened are required for all cyclists. Non-compliance with this rule will be grounds for disqualification.
All vehicles travelling to the event must enter Discovery Park from the north entrance off Garden Highway.
Take the Garden Highway exit from I-5 north or south and head 1/4 mile east on Garden Highway.
Turn right at Natomas Park Drive.
Continue down the hill into Discovery Park.
All parking will be on the right in the large dirt/grass lot.
Plenty of parking signs and volunteers will be on hand to guide you.
2015 Race Results are here.
2014 event photos are here